MDOT Annual Safety Fair
MDOT works to reduce roadway fatalities by educating parents and children about child passenger safety and vehicle occupant protection. Each year, we hold a Safety Fair, which is an event open to the public where parents, teens, and kids can come to learn about safety, get to know us and what we offer, and have a little fun.
What is it?
The Annual Safety Fair is held each spring at the Trade Mart. Safety professionals will be on site providing demonstrations and information on safety issues including occupant protection, bicycle safety, and child safety awareness. There are also concessions, games, and activities for kids. There is never a charge to attend this informative and FUN event!
Some examples of typical events at the Safety Fair include:
· Rollover Simulator demonstrations
· Convincer Simulator demonstrations
· Fatal Vision Goggles demonstrations
· Distracted Driving Simulator demonstrations
· Impaired Driving Simulator demonstrations
· Car Seat Safety Inspections
· Rock the Belt seat belt game
· Exhibitors from safety organizations around the state
· Bike Rodeo – kids can learn proper biking technique
· Bike Smoothies – pedal a stationary bike to make your own fruit smoothie!
· Bike Raffle – win one of 4 bikes to be raffled at the end of the Fair
· Space Jump
· Rock Wall
Who’s it for?
The MDOT Annual Safety Fair is open to the public – everyone is welcome to attend! Parents will find tons of useful safety information, teens can experience the tools and skills necessary to make them better drivers, and kids will enjoy a day full of safety related activities and games.
When, where, and how much will it cost me?
The 2014 Safety Fair will be held at the Trade Mart at the Fairgrounds in Jackson on Saturday, April 5th from 10:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. The event is always free to the public.